- Chez Nous – My absolute favorite restaurant thus far. The menu of French fare changes daily and if I lived closer, I’d probably be begging for scraps. Did I mention it’s in a quirky old house?
- 82 Queen – I hereby declare this beautiful establishment serves the best pecan pie in the city.
- Little Jack’s Tavern – How can a simple cheeseburger and salad be this damn good? It boggles the mind. Intoxicating decor to boot.
- My Father’s Moustache – An authentic English Pub in Charleston? You’re bloody well right, mate. Best fish & chips west of London.
- Shem Creek Bar & Grill – Don’t judge me, but I bring my own scissors when I order the King Crab legs here. You’ll be a drippy, gooey, buttery mess (and love every minute of it). Their outdoor dock/bar may be one of my favorite summer hangs.
- The Obstinate Daughter – There should be a special place in Heaven that serves food this marvelous. Wait…there probably already is. Thank the Lord.
- Poe’s Tavern – A must when you visit this “kingdom by the sea.” Bonus cozy fireplace if you come during a cold, starry night.
- Swig & Swine – BBQ done simple and tender.
- Taco Boy – Yummy Mexican food and one of my favorite patios in the city to eat chips and guacamole while sipping on Negra Modelos for no reason whatsoever. Oh, and the stylish indoor/outdoor bar. Oh, and the creative soft tacos. Oh, and the super-nice staff who let you try craft beers for fun. Oh, and the groovy wallpaper in the Ladies Room. (You’ll see.)
- Tavern & Table – Best brunch spot in Mount Pleasant. It’s just so sunny, bright, and dignified. Oooh, but you’re a tad hungover from the night before. No worries. Bottomless mimosas are mandatory here.
- Husk – Really? Sugary spices on fries with a cheeseburger? Damn right. And it’s gewd.
- Morgan Creek Grill – Gator bites, people. As in ALLIGATOR. Tried these on a drunken dare and loved ’em! You need to see Isle of Palms anyway…go here and be on the lookout for the largest hydrangea bush on the planet as you drive in.
- Benny Ravello’s – A pizza slice “as big as your head.” And, seriously, stand up to eat it. It’s HUGE.
- The Glass Onion – Oh, this hidden gem. I almost cried when I found it. I once had fried quail here and it was a revelation. Just get a gander at this breakfast sandwich!
- Le Farfalle – Prettiest restaurant one block off King Street. Amazing happy hour menu. Lovely bar/patio/everything.
- Cru Cafe – Um, holy shit. This is the coolest place to sit at the chef’s counter and watch the masters work. Pasta with lamb was epic.
- Wasabi – Yes! You can get the kind of fabulous sushi rolls you’re used to at home. Go during lunch for the specials.
- Crave Kitchen & Cocktails – Call off the dogs, the search for the best macaroni & cheese is over. (Really. Tell them doggies to sit down and hush up.) They should name the pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries after my mother. Bev loves it.
- Gabrielle at Hotel Bennett – Finally! A park side restaurant in the city connected to a fancy-schmancy hotel. Try the Eggs Bennett.
- Five Loaves Cafe – There’s a reason there’s a slight wait. There’s a reason you need to chillax and just do it. Go to the Mount Pleasant location and shop at Consigning Women and Men while you wait.
- See Wee Restaurant – When you’re hankerin’ for southern seafood, head to this eclectic find. And, there’s outstanding local artwork for sale bedecking the walls. And, there’s a cat snoozing in the chair outside. Come on! Southern comfort.
- Page’s Okra Grill – Yes, I was slightly addicted to fried everything upon first arriving and ordered the fried chicken livers, mashed potatoes, collards and a buttermilk biscuit so billowy you could rest your head on it. (But, you probably shouldn’t.)
- The Tattooed Moose – After you’ve visited the mystical Angel Oak on Johns Island, swing on in the delightful sports bar/restaurant famous for their duck club sandwich. Maybe split it with a friend. Leave room for beer.
- Wiki Wiki Sandbar – Folly Beach is lucky to call this wonderful poke restaurant home. Don’t miss the octopus sculpture dangling from the barroom ceiling. He’s neat.
- Melfi’s – This place rules in so many ways. Incredible Italian food? Yep. Helpful bartenders who know the hidden ingredients in the pizza and dazzling history of other dishes? Yep. Cozy vibe as smooth as the wine? Yep. Try the Mr. Wally pizza. Find out what the hell “Hen of the Woods” mushrooms are and why you need them in your life right this very minute.
Little Jack's Tavern
My Father's Moustache
The Tattooed Moose
The Obstinate Daughter
Shem Creek Bar & Grill
Swig & Swine
Tavern & Table
Morgan Creek Grill
The Glass Onion
Crave Kitchen & Cocktails
Gabrielle at Hotel Bennett
Five Loaves Cafe
See Wee Restaurant
Page's Okra Grill
Wiki Wiki Sandbar